Let It Go



First, let me start off by saying that today's blog post was not my original plan. There are quite a few blog posts that are waiting in the wings, but my heart has been stirred to bypass those and share something different. 

Whoever this is for, I hope you will be reminded of the strength of our God and leave with your heart refreshed.

_______________________________


Recently I was surprised by some news. Instead of saying, "Ok Lord, this is big but I know that You are bigger. I give this to You," worry was allowed instant access to my mind and heart. My planner's brain was running through all the complexities of this scenario. I was trying to figure out how I was going to make this work. As a result, a heavy burden weighed down on me.

The next day, a friend asked how I was doing and was met with a bit of verbal vomit as I poured out my worries/frustrations. She lovingly reminded me that this was just another area to trust Jesus in. It was also another area for the power of God to be revealed.

Yes, it was natural to feel overwhelmed and have a need to process things through, but there comes a point where a trade needs to be made: my burdens for His peace.

That kind of trade is made in prayer and worship.

The funny thing is I had been in a worship service, just a few days prior, in which I said, "Here, Lord. Do whatever You want to do in my life. Have Your way." 

However, when His way meant turning my life upside down, I was quick to try to grab the reins back into the comfort of my control. Ironically, instead of feeling the comfort of being in control, I experienced the stress of trying to fill shoes that did not belong to me.

After the conversation with my friend, it was like someone turned the light on in my heart and I got a good look at what was truly going on. Thank God for godly friends who aren't afraid to set you straight!

So later on that day, I had my own short time of worship with the Lord. Jesus still met me there the same way He had done in a room full of hundreds of people. And this time I chose to cast those cares on Him.

The peace that followed was well worth the time spent away from the demands of life.


"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why the unease within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him for the salvation of His presence."
Psalm 42:5 (Berean Study Bible)

"Casting all your cares [all your anxieties, all your worries, and all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares about you [with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully]."
1 Peter 5:7 (Amplified)


Did you know that the word casting used here in the original Greek means to throw?

Jesus wants you to take those things that are weighing on your heart and chuck them over to Him.

Personally, I like to imagine that I am taking all the things that are bothering me, balling them up into a snowball, and then throwing them into the open, waiting hands of Jesus.

If you ever see me do a throwing motion in worship, you now know why! 


"I lift up my hands to you in prayer; like dry ground my soul is thirsty for you."
Psalm 143:6 (Good News Translation)

"As for you, if you redirect your heart and lift up your hands to Him in prayer-"
Job 11:13 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

“If only you would prepare your heart and lift up your hands to him in prayer! Get rid of your sins, and leave all iniquity behind you. Then your face will brighten with innocence. You will be strong and free of fear. You will forget your misery; it will be like water flowing away. Your life will be brighter than the noonday. Even darkness will be as bright as morning. Having hope will give you courage. You will be protected and will rest in safety."
Job 11:13-18 (New Living Translation)

We cannot leave His presence refreshed if we leave with the same tight-fisted grip we walked in with. No one can receive anything when their hands are closed. 

Worship involves open hands and open hearts.

This is why worship is the perfect place to let things go.


"Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30 (New Living Translation)

Is there something worrying you right now? Go ahead and take some time to spend in the presence of God.

Lay your situation at the feet of King Jesus. Cast all of your cares over to Him.

He is big enough to take care of whatever is going on and He can handle it better than you can on your best day. 

Come to Jesus and receive whatever your heart needs.

Let His peace wash over you. 

Receive His grace. Receive His rest.

He loves you and He holds you in the palm of His hand.


Cheering you on,

Rose-Élise Melodie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Gift to You

Why I'm Still Single

Dig In Your Heels