Forgotten Valentine

 



Have you ever forgotten to grab your valentines before heading out the door, either growing up or recently?
That is the worst feeling!
If you are anything like me, I will still give those things out late, because I either spent way too much time or too much money for them to go to waste. There is no shame in my late valentine game! 

As a single person, there are times where one feels forgotten or left behind. I am certain that there are those who are in relationships who feel this way too, every now and then.

For some, Valentine's Day is eagerly awaited, and for others, it is merely endured.

Are you feeling like a forgotten or invisible valentine? 

Then there is something I have to tell you...

You are seen.

You are loved.

Jesus has not forgotten you.

You have not escaped His notice.

You are precious in His eyes.

He never says "Oops! I forgot all about (insert your name here). Has anyone seen her/him? Oh, where did I leave her/him last?"

He knows exactly where you are and He understands everything you are feeling at this moment.

You may not always feel loved, worthy, or seen, but your feelings do not change the intensity of His love toward you.

Sometime last year, I was in a meeting where we were challenged to ask the Lord to reveal to us what were some of the lies we were believing and what He had to say about them.
As the worship music continued to play, I asked the Lord to speak to me. 
This is what He whispered to my heart:

"You have believed that you were forgotten and a failure. You have believed that you are not worthy. I have made you worthy through My blood. You are the apple of My eye; the focus of My thoughts. You are exactly where I want you. Nothing about you escapes My notice."

Oof.

When He said this to me, it knocked the air out of my lungs. I had not realized that those were the lies my heart had latched onto during that season. 
My eyes filled with hot tears as His love washed over me.
I immediately repented and asked Him to forgive me for having allowed the lies of the devil to take root in my heart. In the days that followed, the Holy Spirit led me through the scriptures as I renewed my mind to His Word. 

I want to challenge you to take some time right now and ask the Lord to reveal to you what are the lies that you have taken to heart and what does He have to say to you about them.
Now write down what He says.

Here are some things that I believe Jesus wants to say to you right now, straight from His Word:

"To me, you are very dear, and I love you."
Isaiah 43:4 (Contemporary English Version)

“Because you are precious in My sight, You are honored and I love you..."
Isaiah 43:4 (Amplified Bible)

"You are altogether beautiful, My darling, beautiful in every way."
Song of Solomon 4:7 (New Living Translation)

"For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."
Zephaniah 3:17 (New Living Translation)

"The Lord your God wins victory after victory and is always with you. He celebrates and sings because of you, and He will refresh your life with His love."
Zephaniah 3:17 (Contemporary English Version)

"The LORD your God is in your midst; He is a warrior who can deliver. He takes great delight in you; He renews you by His love; He shouts for joy over you."
Zephaniah 3:17 (NET Bible)

In my own strength, I do not have what it takes to be perfect enough to earn His love. Neither do you. That is why He gives it freely. This is the beauty of the Gospel.

Jesus loved you long before you could ever return His love.

The choice is yours as to whether or not you will receive it.

"But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners."
Romans 5:8 (New Living Translation)

“For God so [greatly] loved and dearly prized the world, that He [even] gave His [One and] only begotten Son, so that whoever believes and trusts in Him [as Savior] shall not perish, but have eternal life."
John 3:16 (Amplified Bible)

When you feel heartbroken, hopeless, alone, or unworthy run to Jesus. Fling yourself into His waiting, open arms. 
His arms are more than strong enough to catch you when you fall and to carry you when you don't have strength enough to stand on your own.

Place your heart in His hands. He made it. He can heal it. He can fill your heart with the love it earnestly thirsts after.

No matter what season of life you are in, you do not have to walk it alone. If you would place your hand in the hand of Jesus, He will walk with you.

You are not forgotten, Valentine.


Cheering you on,

Rose-Élise Melodie 


P.S.  If you have never made Jesus your God and Savior, I do not want you to miss the opportunity to do so now. 

Friend, no one is promised tomorrow. The choice must be made today. He is eagerly waiting on you (yes, YOU) with open arms.

Simply pray this prayer out loud and with your heart:
"Lord Jesus, I ask You to please forgive me of all my sins. I have missed the mark and I cannot save myself. Please wash my heart and life with Your precious blood. I believe that You are the Son of God, who came to earth and died on the cross for my sins. I believe that God raised You from the dead. Today, I choose you as my Lord, and from this day forward I will follow You. I give my heart to You. Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit. Amen."

If you just prayed this prayer, I am so very proud of you! You are a new person in Jesus! The angels in heaven are throwing a party right now because they are so excited for you!

Please reach out to me because I want to help you get started on your journey of faith.

Welcome to the family of God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Gift to You

Why I'm Still Single

Dig In Your Heels